How to get to Parma
The nearest airports to Parma are:
All the airports provide a Shuttle Bus Service connecting the airport to the main railway station:
- Aerobus from Bologna airport to Bologna Centrale
- Shuttle Bus from Milan Linate, Milan Malpensa and Milan Bergamo to Milan Centrale
From Milan Malpensa, you can also take the train to Milan Centrale
- Aerobus from Verona airport to Verona Porta Nuova
From Bologna Centrale and Milan Centrale you can take direct trains to Parma (about 1 h and 1h 30' trip respectively).
From Verona Porta Nuova there are no direct trains to Parma, you need to change in Brescia or in Bologna.
For train information and booking:
Trenitalia: regional trains, Intercity, and high speed trains (Frecciarossa - Frecciargento – Frecciabianca)
Italo: high speed trains only – nearest stops: Reggio Emilia “Mediopadana” (bus connection to Parma Railway Station), Bologna Centrale and Milan Centrale.
If you book in advance, you can get high-speed train tickets at a reduced fare.
Parma can be easily reached by car through different roads:
- highway A1 Milano – Bologna (tollgate Parma);
- highway A15 Parma – La Spezia (tollgate Parma Ovest);
- main roads such as Via Emilia, Via Mantova, Via La Spezia, Via Cremonese, Via Colorno, Via Langhirano, Via Traversetolo.
The highways and the main roads are connected to Parma through the ring road (Northern and Southern Ring Road), providing access to the different areas of the city.
The historical centre of Parma is a Limited Traffic Zone (ZTL) controlled by cameras every day, including festivities. During the day, access to the centre is allowed only to residents or to guests who need to reach a hotel in the city centre (provide your plate number when booking).
If you are not allowed to enter the city centre by car, you can use paid on-street parkings (blue lines) just outside the limited traffic area (usually at a 5- to 15-min walking distance), multi-storey car parks or free parking lots connected to the city centre by buses.
Further information and details: http://www.infomobility.pr.it/
GETTING TO THE CITY CENTRE
Parma Railway Station is located near the city centre, at about 15' walking. Depending on where you are staying - and how heavy is your luggage! - you can consider taking a taxi or a bus:
- Taxi: you can find taxis just outside the railway station. A ride from the station to the city centre or nearby goes from 5 to 10 € approximately: www.radiotaxiparma.com
- Bus: most buses run from the railway station through the city centre from every 10' to 20'. A single ticket costs 1.20 € (60' from validation on the bus): www.tep.pr.it
WHERE TO STAY
Whether you prefer a hotel in the city centre, a cozy B&B, a private flat or stay in the surrounding countryside, Parma has everything you need!
You can find a complete list of the accommodation facilities at PARMAWELCOME.
We recommend you to book in advance to secure your accommodation – and good prices.